Monday, December 1, 2008

that extra 10lbs, recap

This weekend was the best! It was my first holiday in almost a year, where I got paid for not going in to work. TH and I hosted Thanksgiving and cooked the fuck out of everything (in a good way). The days of preparation and planning totally paid off. TH and Penelope got to sleep in that morning while I slowly started my day.

We got crackin and listened to Splendid Table's Turkey Confidential (Lynne Rossetto Kasper is a hero of mine, she's gonna get a mini shrine in my kitchen someday). We were pretty stoked at how smooth things went.

Our guests were a little tardy so none of our nibblies got nibbled.

But it's probably a good thing, considering our fridge is jam-packed with leftovers. Cava, beaujolais nouveau, and pinot noir were drunk, bubbly was popped for dessert, irish coffees and Frangelico/Bailey's coffees were sipped and the whole thing was pretty fucking gorgeous.

I have decided that I have the greatest recipe for turkey, courtesey of Epicurious. And 101cookbooks has the greatest side recipes. Our own little vegetarian had plenty to nosh.

Of course, in hindsight I should not have had so much to drink, decide to then talk politics, and wind up calling my roomie and his friend lazy and stupid and also insult my boyfriend at the same time. yeesh!
Other than that, it was perfect. Thanks TH for being, once again, the best partner in crime a gal could ask for-